Winner, Benjamin Franklin award for Best Craft Book of 2010.
Over 50 Proven Techniques to Achieve Brilliant Color with Your Stash Transcend “matching to the focus fabric” and instead develop your own imaginative color combinations. Whether you are a traditional quilter trapped in a color rut or an art quilter looking for a deeper understanding of color, this book is your essential guide for a revolutionary new way of approaching color in your quilts.
Join Maria Peagler, award-winning fine art quilter, author, and instructor, as she teaches you:
* How to develop your unique color vision in a journal
* How to see color in your stash and in the quilt shop the way artists do
* How to make any color work with any other color
* Where to get innovative ideas for fresh, unique color combinations
* How to create a more versatile and color-rich stash
* How to make challenging colors play well with others
* How to master artist’s secrets of achieving sophisticated color relationships
Includes 6 easy yet elegant quilt projects, plus 3 bonus projects!
Maria Peagler has won awards for both her fine art quilts and her writing. Her background as a watercolor artist and an instructional designer for the nation’s top training company enables her to take a fresh approach to color coaching for quilters.