If it weren’t for Autumn I’m not sure that I could ever let go of the long, hot, glorious days of summer and accept the daylight scarce, frigid days of winter. There is just something about the bright blue sky, warm sunshine and explosion of red, orange and gold that keeps me from completely digging my heels in and saying, “No way!” to winter.
1. Gourds 2. Autumn Carpet of Maple Leaves 3. Green Sweater 4. Apple Cider Cupcakes
5. Autumn Joy 6. Pumpkins 7. Fire 8. Fog Rolling into High Park
9. Honeycrisp Apples 10. Cranberry Bog 11. Corn Maze 12. Indian Corn
Autumn mellows me. It cajoles me into accepting cooler temperatures and shorter days. Fall has the magical ability to turn that spoiled summer child in me into a contented woman who appreciates home, family and the abundance in her life.
I’m really not sure exactly how that happens, I think it must be some sort of seasonal slight of hand. By distracting me with so many things that I love, Autumn somehow keeps me from noticing that I’m on a path that leads to winter’s doorstep.
Even though I know what Autumn is up to, this year will be no different. Like every October and November before, I’ll happily watch the magic unfold right before my eyes, forget about what is ahead and wonder why I would ever hesitate to forge ahead into Fall.
My Top Ten Favorite Autumn Distractions:
10. Picking apples
9. Sleeping under a quilt
8. A trip to the pumpkin patch
7. Hot spiced cider
6. Cranberries floating in the bogs
5. Scenic drives to see the foliage
4. Wearing my favorite sweaters
3. Logs burning in the fireplace
2. The sensational fall colors on the trees
1. Celebrating my son’s birthday
With so many delightful distractions vying for my attention can you blame me? What do you love about this time of year?