Color by Design shows you how to dye cottons and silks in an incredible range of colors and patterns–without changing the feel of your fabric. Using every tool imaginable–from brushes, sponges, stamps, and blocks to rollers, sprays, silk screens, and more–you will discover an endless array of techniques. Right away you will be able to create your own distinctive marks and colors, and with practice, you will create intricate designs with confidence and spontaneity.
Color by Design offers:
- 48 exercises with crystal-clear directions, step by step
- Recipes that can be prepared ahead and instructions to store them
- More than 120 color photos of sensational fabrics, with how-to captions
- Information and options for more experienced dyers
- Special chapters on water-soluble resists and on dyeing blacks